November 17, 2010
2012 NJ Historic Preservation Conference
Call for Sessions: 2011 NJ Historic Preservation Conference
The 2011 conference planning committee is seeking proposals for the annual historic preservation conference. The conference will be held on Friday, June 3, 2011 at Monmouth University. Proposals may be submitted for an individual presentation, a panel session or in workshop format and are due December 2, 2010. All submissions will be notified by January 17, 2011.
The conference planning committee will consider exciting proposals that reflect the complexities and challenges of preserving our heritage and that would be relevant to a diverse audience. Some examples include, but not limited to, the following topic areas:
- Case studies illustrating conservation and craftsmanship
- Preservation approaches that incorporate sustainable techniques
- Case studies that illustrate innovative planning documents for historic sites and/or history museums
- Examples of innovative stewardship and/or reuse of historic sites
- Innovative archaeological investigations
- Public policy, advocacy, demographic change, planning tools and techniques
- Economics of preservation in the current climate
- Heritage tourismProposals must be submitted electronically in the desired format and designed to fit into one of the following time slots:
- 15 -20 minute presentation slot
- Panel session of 75 minutes in length
- Designed to fit into a workshop slot of 135 minutes in lengthAll facility rooms will have power point capability. Alternative AV requirements should be identified in the proposal. The conference planning committee retains sole discretion in the selection of proposals. Registration fees will be waived for selected moderators, presenters and panelists.
Submit Your Proposals Online
Register and submit your presentation, session, or workshop proposal: www.formsite.com/dcanet/form8818985301/form_login.html
Save the Date
The 2011 NJ Historic Preservation Conference
June 3, 2011
Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ
and hosted by
New Jersey Historic Trust
New Jersey Historical Commission
Department of Environmental Protection/Historic Preservation Office
The annual conference brings together historic preservation professionals, historic site managers, architects, planners, archaeologists, as well as historic preservation commissions members and municipal officials.
For information about previous conferences, visit: www.njhistoricpreservationconference.org
Architects are skilled professionals who listen to you, interpret your wishes, help realize your building dreams, and add value at every stage of a project.