October 9, 2018
Fire Protection Week Day 3: Tips from AIA New Jersey Member Firefighter Peter A. Kozielski, AIA
Fire Safety Tips:
- Check Smoke Detectors Monthly – change batteries annually or as recommended by the manufacturer
- Have a fire escape plan at home and at your office – practice it at least twice a year – get out stay out
- Keep your clothes dryer well maintained and the vent pipe free of lint – Have it Inspected Annually
- Never leave the kitchen unattended while cooking – keep loose clothing, dish towels, and other fabrics away from open flames and hot items – be sure appliances gas or electric are turned off after cooking or if you are going to be away from the kitchen even if for a short time.
- Teach kids the dangers of fire – Remember STOP DROP & ROLL if your clothes catch fire.
Peter A. Kozielski, AIA
By Stacey Ruhle Kliesch, AIA, AIA NJ Advocacy Consultant | Posted in AIA-NJ News, Uncategorized | Tagged: #Fire, #Firefighter, #FireProtectionWeek, #PeterAKozielskiAIA, #Safety | Comments (0)