DCA Launches Electronic Plan Review System

September 1, 2015

Reading Time: 3 minutes

The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs’ (DCA) has two upcoming webinars scheduled for those interested in learning more about the newly launched ePlans.  See more information below or go to www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/offices/ePlans.html

NJ Department of Community Affairs Launches New Electronic
Plan Review System
Online System Streamlines and Modernizes the State’s Plan Review Process

The DCA is offering webinars for anyone interested in learning how the ePlans online application and upload process works.

When

Wednesday
September 16, 2015
REGISTER

and

Wednesday
October 14, 2015
REGISTER

Both webinars run from
10 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Testimonials

American Dream Project 
East Rutherford, NJ
“The ePlans system has many great benefits including the ease of filing for plan review. The system saves money both in printing and in space requirements and eliminates multiple bundles of hard copy plans to print and deliver.”

Tom Valente, Construction Manager
PCL Construction Services, Inc.

“The electronic filing system has been terrific for us. The comments come in a cleaner form, are well organized, and the change marks require very little clarification.  It truly has made our jobs easier from this end.”

Anthony Cappuccio, President Boardwalk Design and Development

Campus Town
Ewing, NJ
“It’s great to have so much information available, especially about the status of the review. Staff was really helpful whenever there was a question and got back to us quickly.”

Lynda Rothermel, Campus Architect
The College of New Jersey

Dear Industry Partner:
The New Jersey Department of Community Affairs’ (DCA) has launched ePlans, a new web-based electronic plan review system, which eliminates paper-based building and code review processes and reduces the amount of time between plan submission and final approval.
We invite you to attend an informational webinar to learn more about ePlans and how you can benefit from using the new system. The webinar is being offered from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on September 16, 2015 and October 14, 2015.
ePlans provides a number of benefits and cost-saving measures for both the building community and the Department including:
       24-hour access to the system from any computer
       Elimination of the need for paper plans to be manually printed and delivered
       Reduced printing costs
       Transparency and auditability
       Reduced turn-around time to review plans

The Department will require mandatory usage of the ePlans system by December 31, 2015.

ePlans will be extended to all building projects that require plans from a licensed architect or engineer. When a citizen (architect, engineer, contractor, owner) submits an application for a construction or land use permit requiring drawing plans and other documents, the Bureau of Construction Project Review will use ePlans to complete the initial review. Required changes are noted on the files and then communicated to the applicant, who can re-submit corrected plans electronically, 24/7, from the convenience of any computer. The review cycle continues until all the regulatory requirements are satisfied and the DCA grants approval for the plans.
For more information about accessing DCA’s ePlans system, or to register for the upcoming ePlans webinar, visit:

Click here to download a digital version of the ePlans brochure.

Please feel free to share this invitation with interested parties.

For More Information:
New Jersey Department of Community Affairs
Division of Codes and Standards, Bureau of Construction Project Review, State Buildings Unit
Questions? Call (609) 292-8134 or email the Help Desk at HelpDesk@dca.nj.gov

By | Posted in Business, Codes & Regulations | Tagged: , , , , | Comments (0)

Categories

Archives

Architects are creative professionals, educated, trained, and experienced in the art and science of building design, and licensed to practice architecture. Their designs respond to client needs, wants and vision, protect public safety, provide economic value, are innovative, inspire and contribute positively to the community and the environment.

414 Riverview Plaza, Trenton, NJ 08611
(609) 393-5690
info@aia-nj.org