May 17, 2017
Spiezle Architectural Group is a 100% employee-owned firm. We are recruiting new team members to lead projects/teams and manage clients (for existing and future workload). Project Architect and Project Manager positions are available now. While there isn’t a “typical day” on our team, Project Architects/Project Managers put their talent and skills to good use through:
- Mentor, guide, and train lesser experienced and/or unlicensed technical team members.
- Manage a team(s) on projects that vary greatly from size, scope, and building types.
- Use of sound architectural and design techniques, methodologies, and principles to project approach.
- May work independently on smaller projects when appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform architectural assignments after receiving overview and scope.
- Contribute to marketing proposals, tradeshows, projects as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with Project Manager and/or Practice Leaders to select and recommend design approaches.
- Lead teams consisting of one or more of Architectural Designers, Interior Designers, or Landscape Architects.
- Must understand all codes and be able to produce a complete set of construction documents including written specifications.
- Responsible to coordinate with outside consultants including engineers.
- Coordinates construction administration with construction managers/administrators and reviews shop drawings
- Runs and coordinates job meetings assuring that all meeting tasks are assigned and completed
- May assist Project Manager(s)/Practice Leaders with preparation of cost and quality estimates.
- Attend networking functions and assist Practice Leaders in acquiring new business.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentations.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures.
- Working knowledge of third party consultant contract work requirements.
- Possess an in depth understanding of the basics of most building systems.
- Proficiency in one or more of: Revit, BIM, AutoCAD, Sketch Up, Lumion, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS
Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited university/college.
Minimum of seven years’ experience with at least one year of running projects independently.
Professional architect registration in the USA.
LEED Green Associate preferred (ability to test and successfully achieve certification within 24 months of hire is required.
A little bit about us:
We are 100% employee-owned. You too can become an employee owner when you join the Spiezle team – Ask Us How!
We work hard/play hard and we offer work/life balance flexibility. We do this through a culture of understanding that life extends beyond the practice of architecture.
Other Important Stuff:
Our benefits and compensation – Excellent! Our Career Development Opportunities – Fantastic! Our Collaborative and Employee-Owned Culture – Awesome!
You may send a pdf resume/portfolio (or a link to same) to email@example.com or call 609.695.7400 x274.
Equal Opportunity Employer
By admin | Posted in Emerging Professionals, Members In Transition, NJ Architect Newsletter | Tagged: architecture | Comments (0)