1. The contest is open only to alumni and current students of the College.
2. The contest is not open to staff and faculty and other members of the NJIT community.
3. Contestants can work in teams.
4. Registration is not required. There is no fee to enter the competition.
5. Entrants agree to be bound by these competition rules. Violating any rule may result in disqualification. HCAD has the right to disqualify any entry at any time at its sole discretion.
Submission of Entries
1. The competition closes at 11:59 pm on July 31, 2020. Late submissions will not be considered.
2. Entries must be submitted as JPEG files, RGB, maximum size 1,920 x 1,080 pixels.
3. Entries must be accompanied by a short narrative statement (max 250 words) describing the rationale behind the design and its key features.
4. Competition is not anonymous. Submitted files (.jpg and .doc) must include in the filenames the first and last name of the author (or the contact person for the team entries), as in Jane_Doe.jpg, or Jane_Doe_1.jpg and Jane_Doe_2.jpg in case of multiple entries.
5. All entries must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Submissions must include the full name(s) of author(s), degree and class year, contact name (if a team), email address, postal address, and telephone number.
6. Multiple entries from the same author(s) are permitted.
1. The College’s leadership team (dean, associate deans and directors) will select a winner.
2. One winning prize and two honorable mentions will be awarded by August 5, 2020. The winning entry will receive $500.00, and each honorable mention $250.
3. The prize winners will be notified by email and announced on the College’s website and through social media.
1. Entrants affirm their submissions are their own original work, have not been copied from others or from previous designs, including their own, and do not violate the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
2. Submissions will become the sole property of the Hillier College and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, websites, social media, letterhead, brochures, business cards, letterhead, posters, and other materials.
3. The College shall have the right to use, adapt and modify the winning submission in part or in its entirety and as it deems appropriate.
4. The College reserves the right not to use the winning entry.
5. The College reserves the right to use any other entry in the future.
6. If the winner is determined to have violated any rules, he/she will be required to forfeit or return the prize, even if the determination is made after the prize has been awarded.