October 29, 2020
The new order includes requirements such as:
* Workers to maintain at least six feet of distance from one another to the maximum extent possible.
* Employees, customers, visitors, and other individuals entering the worksite to wear cloth or disposable face masks while on the premises, with limited exceptions.
* Employers must make available, at their expense, such face masks to their employees.
* Companies to provide workers, customers, and visitors with sanitizing materials, such as hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol and sanitizing wipes, at no cost to those individuals.
* Companies ensure that employees practice regular hand hygiene, particularly when such employees are interacting with the public, and provide employees break time for repeated handwashing throughout the workday and access to adequate handwashing facilities.
* Companies to routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched areas.
* All workers undergo a health screening before every shift.
* Employees to be immediately separated and sent home if they appear to have symptoms.
* Prompt notification of all employees of any known exposure to COVID-19 at the worksite.
By Stacey Ruhle Kliesch, AIA, AIA NJ Advocacy Consultant | Posted in Business | Tagged: #GovernorPhilMurphy, #NJEO192 | Comments (0)
Architects are creative professionals, educated, trained, and experienced in the art and science of building design, and licensed to practice architecture. Their designs respond to client needs, wants and vision, protect public safety, provide economic value, are innovative, inspire and contribute positively to the community and the environment.