- This event has passed.
Equity in Licensing: Discussions on the Current Process to Licensure
September 24, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We will explore the comments from the Dean of Architecture at Princeton University and her theories that licensure is a roadblock to equity in the Architecture industry. We will explore ways to increase diversity at the leadership level of our licensing organizations and its effects on the lack of diversity of licensed architects.
Lauren Harris, Associate AIA, AIANJ Regional Associate Director and Women in Architecture Chair
Monica Ponce de Leon, RA, Dean, Princeton School of Architecture
Guillermo Ortiz de Zarate, NCARB Chief Innovation and Information Officer
Nefertari Carver, NCARB Assistant Vice President for Volunteer Engagement in Council Relations, Liaison for Diversity Collaboration
Steven B. Lazarus, AIA. AIA NJ 2020 President
William A. Moses, Associate AIA, NOMA NJ President
LoriAnne Jones, AIA, 2020 President of AIA Central New Jersey,
Andrew Thompson, AIA, NOMA, 2020 President of AIA Newark and Suburban
Join us for any of our 6 sessions breaking down the issues and smart solutions as we try to create lasting change in our lifetimes.
- Thursday, July 30th 7-9pm Equity in Early Education: If We Can See It, We Can Achieve It
- Thursday, Aug 13th 7-9pm Equity in Architecture Education: Removing Road Blocks
- Thursday, Aug 27th 7-9pm Equity in Apprenticeship: AXP and giving our Interns equal access
- Thursday, Sept 10th 7-9pm Equity in Testing: What the ARE can learn from LSAT and Barbri
- Thursday, Sept 24th 7-9pm Equity in Licensing: Discussions on the Current Process to Licensure
- Thursday, Oct 8th 7-9pm Equity in the Profession: Building a More Diverse Architecture Industry
FREE and available to all nationwide via zoom Each webinar will be worth 2 AIA LUs pending approval Panelists subject to change throughout this series All times listed are Eastern Time