July 12, 2013
The 2013 competition has opened for submissions. Winning entries will be used in the AIA West Jersey 2014 Calendar that will be distributed to members and affiliates. Images of the winning entries will shown at AIA-WJ events including the Annual Inaugural Gala to be held in January, 2014. From the winning entries, three cash awards will also be presented.
ELIGIBILITY: Competition is open to all AIA members and affiliates, students and the general public.
Black & White
A minimum of 13 winners will be chosen for inclusion in the calendar, in addition the three following awards will be presented with cash prizes:
Best Overall Entry – $ 250 prize
Best Color – $ 150 prize
Best Black & White – $ 150 prize
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: • Entry Fee is nonrefundable for up to (5) prints per entry: $25.00 Members & Affiliates, $15.00 for Students & Associates, and $40.00 non-members
• FEE and completed Entry Form MUST accompany all images entered.
• Unlimited number of entries.
• Subject must have an architectural theme or contain an element of the human-made environment. Photographic interpretation will be judged, not the architecture. Location of images is unrestricted.
• Entries must have been taken and owned by the participant.
• Entries may be submitted in either mounted print or digital format. Print entries MUST still include submission of digital images. Digital Only submissions MUST include additional $10 per entry (each entry includes up to 5 images).
• Mounted prints are to be 8×10 images mounted on 11 x 14 presentation quality white mat boards (No Foam Core), attach a sealed envelope with the following information taped to the back of each mounted print: name, address, phone number, print title, location of image or description.
• Digital images must be on CD. Photographs may be originally shot in digital format or may be high resolution scans of 35 mm (4 x 5 or 2 1/4” formats). Images should be scanned at 300 dpi (ppi) at the final output size and saved as a JPG or TIFF file, maximum size 10 MB.
• Participants grant reproduction rights and permissions to AIA West Jersey to use all submitted images (in either print or electronic form) for organizational calendar, website, exhibition, publications, fundraising and promotional purposes. All mounted print entries become property of AIA West Jersey.
• Submission of entry implies acceptance of all above conditions.
ENTRY DEADLINE: Entry(s) must be received by August 7, 2013
MAIL ENTRIES TO: AIA-WJ Photo Competition c/o Ignarri-Lummis Architects 601 Chapel Avenue East Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
ADDITION INFO or QUESTIONS – email@example.com or 856-234-7367
Architects are skilled professionals who listen to you, interpret your wishes, help realize your building dreams, and add value at every stage of a project.