February 1, 2019
AIA New Jersey Urban Renewal Project Showcase
2019 AIA President William J. Bates, FAIA. Photo by AIA/ Twitter
Our new AIA National President, William J. Bates, FAIA, is highlighting the priority of the New Urban Agenda.
According to the United Nations, the sustainable development goals for the New Urban Agenda include:
- Provide basic services for all citizens
- Ensure that all citizens have access to equal opportunities and face no discrimination
- Promote measures that support cleaner cities
- Strengthen resilience in cities to reduce the risk and the impact of disasters
- Take action to address climate change by reducing their greenhouse gas emissions
- Fully respect the rights of refugees, migrants and internally displaced persons regardless of their migration status
- Improve connectivity and support innovative and green initiatives
- Promote safe, accessible and green public spaces
You can learn more about the New Urban Agenda HERE
or by attending the AIA National webinar on the subject to be held on Feb 18, 2019. Registration is open now and can be accessed HERE
In concert, we are looking to showcase urban renewal projects by AIA NJ members. Great if they are also located in NJ, but not required.
If you have urban renewal projects in your portfolio, we invite you to submit your project(s) for consideration.
Please include all project data you are permitted to share with the public, photos (before and after, if possible, and include photo credit!), a written description, quotes from the client, or contractor, end user, developer, your staff, etc. (anyone involved) and how the community was affected by the project (hopefully a positive effect!). Be sure all parties have approved you submitting this project for publication.
Timeline for submission: anytime from immediately to March 1. If you have a current project, we will consider publishing progress reports over the course of the year.
Please keep your submission to 5 paragraphs, and allow us the right to edit as necessary. If you would like to participate, please reply with how many projects you plan to submit and what you think your timeline for complete submission may be.
Please send all questions and content to email@example.com
Thank you for Participating!
By Stacey Ruhle Kliesch, AIA, AIA NJ Advocacy Consultant | Posted in AIA-NJ News, Environment | Tagged: #AIA, #AIANational, #AIANJ, #NewJersey, #NewUrbanAgenda, #UrbanDesign, #UrbanRenewal, #WilliamJBatesFAIA | Comments (0)