July 10, 2019
AIA NJ is looking for candidates interested in bettering the profession of architecture as well as helping to safe guard the health safety and welfare of the public.
The basic requirements of AIA-New Jersey Board of Trustees members are as follows:
• Attend Board of Trustees meetings and conference calls as called for by the President or the Board.
• Develop issues of policy at Board of Trustees meetings.
• Regularly review Chapter operating policies and the Operations Manual for compliance with the Bylaws of the Chapter, and the Institute.
• Work on special events and meetings in various Ad Hoc or Standing Committees and Task Forces throughout the year, as necessary.
• Participate in strategic planning activities of the Board.
• Keep informed of current events concerning the architectural profession to make knowledgeable decisions that bring about effective long-term and short-term planning.
• Provide continuity by offering to serve for more than one year.
• Provide for a good public image for Architects before the community and governmental agencies.
• Adhere to and promote the Bylaws, Policies, Mission, Strategic Goals, and Objects of the Chapter.
Additionally, Trustees are expected to:
• Serve on at least one committee and volunteer for task forces as necessary throughout the year.
• Encourage non-board members to participate on committees, task forces, and attend events.
• Advise and assist the Executive Committee in determining the charge of the committees.
• Receive, read and be prepared to act on issues/reports at Board of Trustee meetings.
• Prepare reports of activities of their committee(s) or task force(s) for Board of Trustees meetings.
• Adopt an annual budget. The budget is developed by the Budget and Finance Committee, proposed at the reorganization meeting, and voted on prior to the first Board of Trustees meeting of the following year.
• Assist the Program Coordinator in developing programs that will benefit the general membership and forward the mission of the Chapter and Institute.
• Participate in leadership workshops immediately prior to and during their term of office.
• Announcement for At-Large Trustees nominations shall be no later than the first Tuesday in February.
• Nominations and applications are due 14 days prior to the last Friday in June of the year prior to their term.
• All applications will be reviewed by the Nominations Committee for eligibility and committee preference. Nominations Committee will make appointment recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
• At-Large Trustees will be selected from a pool of applicants at the September meeting of the Board of Trustees, by the current voting members of the Board.
• A maximum of 12 At-Large Trustees will be selected from all classes of the general membership, and shall be a member in good standing.
• Two-thirds (2/3) of appointed Trustees shall be Architect members.
• At-Large Trustees are not required to hold an office in their local Section, however preference will be given to Presidents-Elect for continuity.
• There is no requirement for appointment based on Section membership.
Length of term: 1 calendar year, up to 3 consecutive terms. May reapply after one calendar year off the Board.
Applications shall be submitted to the chair of the nominations committee no later than midnight, 14 days prior to the last Friday in June.
At-Large Trustee nominations with completed questionnaire are due August 15th. Interested parties should contact Nominations Chair Verity Frizzell, FAIA, with any questions. verity@
Download the questionnaire here:
By Stacey Ruhle Kliesch, AIA, AIA NJ Advocacy Consultant | Posted in AIA-NJ News, Uncategorized | Tagged: #nominations | Comments (0)
Architects are skilled professionals who listen to you, interpret your wishes, help realize your building dreams, and add value at every stage of a project.